Sunday 9 February 2014

Creating the Multimodal Text: Part One

Day One Completed

Today I have finished creating the first day of Annabelle's school on Microsoft Powerpoint, before starting it today I had read about the use of framing in picture books. Nikolajeva and Scott (2006), explained the use of framing and how it can help direct the reader to where to start on the page. I have used this idea in my own text in the use of polaroid frames; to keep the theme of a diary. Even though in a previous post I said I did not want to use frames because I wanted the reader to feel immersed in the story, after creating my idea it is clear that the use of frames is more appropriate so the reader can enjoy and laugh at the mishaps in Annabelle's diary. 

Semiotics-wise

In this part of the text I have included;
- sound effects to emphasise what is going on; for example the sound effect of children to remind the text is set in a school
- picture in the background - to show that the text is set in the school's dinner hall
- red - red bottle of "poison"; red means danger, but it reality it's a red bottle of tomato ketchup both recognisable by the reader

References

Nikolajeva, M & Scott, C. (2006) How Picturebooks Work. London: Routledge

No comments:

Post a Comment